Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Generosity overflowing

Doesn't it hurt to be generous sometimes?  I don't know about you, but even though I want to give freely to God's mission, or those in need, or just enjoy a good time with friends, there's something in me that says, "No, this is mine.  This is my money, my time."  But how liberating would it be to just let go?  If we have the right attitude, we would receive back one-hundred-fold the reward if we were generous versus reticent.  If we do it grudgingly, and all the while think about what else could have been done with our resources, there's really no point, although after a while it might become a little easier to do.  If you're one of the ones who finds it difficult to be benevolent, ask that God would develop that gift in you, and you'll see a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment