Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trust

Mark
Following Jesus requires trust.  Saying we follow Jesus doesn't require much work at all.  Lip service is easy.  But making head knowledge meet and coincide with the heart is something else entirely.  I can say, yeah I trust God to come through for me; I trust that he has my best interests at heart.  Deep down, I have surrendered myself to him.
Is that trust really true for your life?  When it comes time to act, are you relying on God, or desperately trying to find your own way, and blaming him that things aren't working out as you hoped.

Mark 6:8 says that Jesus sent out the Twelve disciples to go evangelize the nation.  Jesus told them "Take nothing for the journey except a staff - no bread, no bag, no money in your belts.  Wear sandals, but not an extra tunic...."  That's trust that Jesus knows what he is talking about, and that he will orchestrate what needs to happen so the disciples won't die in the wilderness between villages.  That's what I need to live out in my life.  Complete reliance on God, and the knowledge that he will come through, even if I don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment