Thursday, February 10, 2011

A life of integrity

Key verses
Romans 7:21-25 - So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.  What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?  Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

 Matthew
 I'd like to continue from yesterday's theme of Jesus's return.  Matthew 24:42 says that we do not know the day or the hour that Jesus will return.  Do we live in disregard of his message, then, and simply carry on as we please, hoping to get at least some notice of when we should clean up our act?  By no means!  Living a life of integrity is the better way, like the "faithful and wise servant" mentioned in verse 45.  First, we won't be caught off guard when the end does coming (whether through the second coming or through our own physical death), and secondly, having consistently followed God for the rest of our lives, we will be far better prepared for heaven than we would be otherwise.  Certainly, heaven will be something beyond our imagination, but by seeking after God here, somehow I think we'll be in a better position to continue being with him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment