Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Signs of the end of the age... do they matter?

Key verses
Psalm 57:9-11 - I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples.  For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.

Matthew
Matthew 24:15-35 is one of those passages that gets people thinking about the end of the world and Jesus's return.  At one point, this type of prophetic message really interested me as well, and I was curious to know what would usher in the "end times".   I have since learned and come to understand that what is really important is my relationship with God.  It shouldn't matter when the world will end, because regardless of when that is, I'll be striving to get to know God better.  We won't ever get to the point where we'll know God completely, not in this world, but if we're wholeheartedly on the journey of getting to know him and apply his character to our lives, what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment