Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In the cleft in the rock

Exodus 33:21-23 - Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

I really like this passage.  It really demonstrates the awesome glory and holiness of God.  If you start feeling like God isn't all that important, read this passage, and you'll feel like you've been put in your place.  There are a number of passages like this throughout the bible, like when God speaks to Job about measuring out the foundations of the earth, or some of the Psalms as well.  The majesty and wonder of God knows no bounds.  I am so utterly grateful that he has shown me love!

1 comment: