Saturday, September 25, 2010

Are we ready to be used of God?

Key verse
Luke 22:19 - “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”
 
Proverbs
"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD." (21:31).  God is in control!  However, we have to see both sides of this verse.  On the one hand, we can't do anything because it is God who wins the battle for us.  On the other hand, we have to make sure we're ready for God to use us.

Isaiah
20:3 - "Then the Lord said, “Just as my servant Isaiah has gone stripped and barefoot for three years, as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush, . . . ."  Is this insanity or devotion?  I certainly wouldn't want to be such a sign for God, walking around stripped and barefoot for three years.  Does God really require such obedience from us?

Hebrews
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." (Heb 4:12-13)
As I work my way through the bible, I hope to experience the "activeness" of God's word.  Through his word, I hope that I can understand God better and also understand myself and my motivations so that I can better serve him.

No comments:

Post a Comment