Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stick with it

Late post tonight!

Key verse
Isaiah 12:2 - "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

Proverbs
"Blows and wounds cleanse away evil and beatings purge the inmost being." (Proverbs 20:30)  Is this true or is this figurative?  I'm leaning toward the latter because I can't see it being true.

Luke/Hebrews
It's understandable that Jesus' followers thought the end was near.  He kept talking about how the kingdom of God was at hand, and the signs of the end of the age would come.  "... this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." (Luke 21:32)  If they were to be on guard, how much more should we, two thousand years later!  And yet we continually make plans as though we have our entire lives ahead of us.  We've got one foot here in the earthly kingdom and one in God's kingdom.  A great way to apply at least part of today's reading to our lives would be to make sure we are staying true to God, and making sure we don't fall away, like both Luke and Hebrews were saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment