Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reading the bible

Key verse
Lamentations 5:19 - You, O Lord, reign forever; your throne endures from generation to generation. 

_________
 I must admit, after reading some books about the bible, I have found that this current approach to reading the bible (four different snippets a day) is really not that effective for actually gaining anything from the bible study.  In order to get a true sense of the text, it's better to read larger chunks or entire books at a time, rather than select verses here and there.  For getting through the entire bible in 9 months, this is certainly a good way to do it, because you won't get 'bored' with a book, as you're reading four different ones at a time.
However, I will continue with this reading plan and once I am done, I will likely go back through book by book at a slower pace and have more time to study specific passages.

1 comment:

  1. At the 9-month mark how about continuing the blog then at the relaxed "book speed"? This would be more my speed for participating regularly!! (SalemHouse)

    ReplyDelete