Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Confidence of Faith

Key verse
Luke 23:43 - Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Hebrews 10:31 - It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Proverbs
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth (27:1).  This verse has me thinking about hope.  I want to hope for things that will happen tomorrow, and talk about them with my friends and family.  What does boasting about it mean?  Taking pride in what will happen, believing that I can bring it about, rather than relying on God to bring about what I'm hoping for.

Isaiah
This passage ties right into Proverbs 27:1.  God is in control, so there is no way we can take pride in what happens, thinking that we have brought it about.  God is in all things and has power over all things.  He will bring down anyone he needs to and raise up anyone he wants.

Hebrews
Encourage one another daily.  This is such a great goal, and one that I aspire to, and yet do I do this?  I get so caught up in my own life that I end up completely ignoring the people that I want to be in community with, like fellow church-goers, immediate family members, friends.
Verse 35 speaks about confidence, having confidence of faith.  I believe I have faith, but there's always doubt because I wonder what I would do if I were in the situation of some of these biblical characters who were persecuted and robbed because of their faith.  Would I stand strong? This is always the question.  So far, I have not been able to irrevocably say yes, I would.  There's always doubt that I am too weak.  I know with God all things are possible, and God works through my weakness, so am I doubting that God would work through me?  I believe that God would become my strength.  I have to forget my doubts, lay them aside, and walk forward in the truth that God is my rock and my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment