Sunday, October 3, 2010

The infinite God

After a long and exhausting weekend, I am back to the grind.  However, today's post will be a little shorter than normal as I am still recovering.

That passage of Isaiah was uplifting.  The language used reminded me of how great God is and how lowly we are.  In this sense, it was not uplifting, I suppose, but it was still an encouragement to me.  God is so great, so knowledgeable, the essence of everything we know and everything we are, and he is in communication with us, in a relationship with each of us!  This infinite God is our friend.  When I actually sit down and think about this, it's hard to understand, and yet it is so amazing.  I hope today's passage in Isaiah was an encouragement to you as well.  Don't get too proud about your position in life, but take pride in the fact that the God who marked the foundations of the earth and can hold the dust of this earth in a basket has reached out to you personally and is waiting for your response.

No comments:

Post a Comment