Thursday, October 7, 2010

Faith!

Key verses
Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Luke
I like the imagery God uses even at the death of Jesus. Luke 23:45 says the curtain of the temple was torn in two.  The curtain that separated us from God in the temple was destroyed, and now we can meet with God whenever and wherever we want!  Jesus truly opened the way.

Hebrews
Those people of faith mentioned in Hebrews 11 all died and did not receive what was promised to them (v. 13).  That's faith!  Sticking with it and believing that God is going to come through, regardless of what you personally experience.  I'm fairly impatient, so I definitely have a lesson to learn here.  God's in control - he knows what he's doing.  Why don't I just let him do it, and align myself with him, rather than try and push my own agenda at him and hope that he'll do that instead?  We can think we know what's best, but in the end, only God sees the whole picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment