Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Lord speaks

I don't have much to say on today's readings.  However, it was interesting to read today's chapter of Job (ch. 38).  This is the chapter where God speaks to Job. "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?"  Those are hefty words.  Thankfully, we can come before God and make known our requests and complaints through Jesus, and we can have the confidence that God hears us and will respond, provided we come in a humble and contrite spirit.
In this chapter, since Job so proudly argued that he had done no wrong, God had to come and set the record straight.  It's really impressive to read God's account of creation.  Here is a short selection from Job 38:
“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!  Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?"


*I must also admit that I have found an error in my reading plan.  Apparently, December 15-20 and the 24th do not exist, as they were not in the plan.  So, the numbering of the plan will be off by a few days as of tomorrow because I am still going to do the readings listed, they will just be off by a few days.  At some point, I will get around to fixing the electronic copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment