Thursday, December 30, 2010

Prayer

Matthew
Prayer.  I think prayer is often misunderstood; I myself am still learning all that prayer can be and do.  The term 'prayer' seems so formal, but the action should be more conversational.  How else can we get to know God as friend, father, and helper, if we're too formal to get past the "Oh gracious heavenly father from the utmost realms above."?  I never talk to my friends like that, unless I were joking around.  We've got to bare our hearts to God, no matter what shape we're in or emotion we're feeling, not babbling like the pagans trying to fill up space, but knowing that whatever we say, whether short or long, God hears it and listens.   That kind of prayer can be unceasing, as we share our thoughts and feelings with God throughout the day, whatever we're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment